All blog posts are cross posted

Friday, March 12, 2010

On Facebook from Michael Yon

And yes, this mother, grandmother, great grandmother is on facebook. My grandson is no longer in Afghanistan but my nephew, Eric Scherrer, is still there. Read this thoughtful post from Michael.
Last evening, I jumped on a Stryker convoy from Shah Wali Kot to FOB Frontenac to be at Anthony Paci's memorial. Memorials are important to attend. First it's about respect. Secondly, they remind you of many things, and underline so many things for now and the future. The memorials are never for one man or woman, b...ut for everyone involved. The memorials remind you of your ultimate duty, and who it's to. If you sense the war cannot be won, the time to say it is now. I sense the war can be turned around. We have a winning team. Every memorial or ramp ceremony is a stark reminder of duty. Duty to these troops, and to their families.

When we arrived at Frontenac last night, a soldier named Zach stood on his Stryker and said his mom reads this Facebook. Firstly, he couldn't believe his mom is on Facebook and we laughed. I said I would put his photo up last night for his mom. Later that evening, I tried for an hour to post for Zach's mom, but the thing wouldn't upload.. Let's try it now. This is for Zach's mom. (click the link above to see that photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment