All blog posts are cross posted

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Anchoress has good advice for all of us

Got this from reader Alexandra, and thought it was such incredibly simple (but profound) advice, that I had to share it. It really humbled and instructed me:
. . .when the Bush-Gore recount battle was going on, I asked my parish priest, a very wise man who loves Christ, how to discern God’s will. I wasn’t asking so much for his opinion on the politics of the day but when I am in one of these political battles and a religious person, can I discern God’s will in the course of trying to decide whether I should write letters, call my Congressperson, or whatever?
His simple answer was “God’s will will always be for the salvation of the individual involved.”
So I try every day now to pray for the salvation of the president, all members of Congress, and the American people. I cast my cares upon the Lord.
We are in a deeper battle here, which you well know . . . I also think in the end this all has to do with the salvation of souls, including the souls of our president and these politicians who deign to rule over the rest of us. I think we who believe must hold fast to Christ, the True Center, and bring as many along with us as possible.
Yes. How perfectly right. God’s will will always be for the salvation of the individual involved. And it follows that the salvation of the individual involved will lie in that individual’s conforming him/herself to the Word and Will of God.
Chew on that, for a while.
I feel better everytime I read her posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment