All blog posts are cross posted

Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Right Coast has it Right about how many people think like the Tea Party people

Truth from a blog called Right Coast, one I read every day, when I can. Practically everyone I know thinks about this as I do, except for that one liberal son, of course, and a couple of his cousins. Just a play on an old Pauline Kael quote, but read this and see what you think.  Read that link to Dennis Henninger in the WSJ, too.
Tom Smith
I think Dennis Henninger may be right about this. These subjective intuitions are unreliable, of course, but it certainly feels to me like something out of the ordinary is starting to happen. I think the Tea Parties are just the tip of the iceberg. For every person who actually shows up at a Tea Party demonstration, there must be dozens like me who sympathize, but would never go to a rally because they have to drive kids somewhere and or don't like meeting new people. There must be many more who listen to accounts of the health care whatever it is and think, I'm no economist, but I know BS when I hear it. And they're right because it is. I suspect the Obama gambit is overplayed. I doubt he will be able to clone enough new dependents fast enough to outnumber all the people he is alienating. I also think a lot of people feel deep down that gnawing anxiety that tells them how much is at stake, and that we are currently making mistakes we can't afford to make. Well, I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment