All blog posts are cross posted

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Democratic Arrogance is everywhere

This from the Dead Pelican, a Louisiana political page similar to the Drudge Report:
It matters not if you are liberal or conservative…We all had better start to pay attention to this lesson…..
I was in Washington DC yesterday. With 20 other restaurateurs we visited with the Louisiana congressional delegation. We had an enlightening talk with United States Senator Mary Landrieu, if you're interested in what a member of the Democratic leadership of the Senate had to say to her constituents, then read on.
Talking directly to me because of a question I asked her, concerning the fact that we will be forced to shrink our workforce and lay off several hundred employees if Obamacare takes effect she put me in my place. She said the following:
# We are paying for your employees health insurance now, if you cannot stay in business and pay for them, then we will just continue to pay for them after you are out of business. I think she really believes she is paying for it…she forgets that we…you and I are paying for it.
# We believe people need insurance more than jobs. I seriously doubt the folks I will have to terminate will agree with that, especially since I pointed out to her that many employees in hospitality are otherwise unemployable since they are unskilled and their alternative is welfare.
# The law does not differentiate between companies in industries with single digit profit margins like hospitality and industries with much higher profit margins…you have to learn to deal with it.
# If you don't like the bills we are passing then elect others.
# The bill is law, I do not want to discuss it, deal with it.
This just shows the arrogance of the Democratic congress.  There is more, read it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment