All blog posts are cross posted

Saturday, April 24, 2010

I didn't get my flu shots this year, did you?

I really meant to, was scheduled to, but it didn't happen.  I did not intend to get the swine ful shot, I was a little afraid of it because it was rushed into production.  Maybe I was right to avoid it.  This is from the Washington Post:
By Rob Stein
Federal health officials are investigating the first hints of any possible significant complications from the H1N1 vaccine, but stressed that the concerns will probably turn out to be a false alarm.
The latest analysis of data has detected what could be a somewhat elevated rate of Guillain-Barr? syndrome, which can cause paralysis and death; Bell's palsy, a temporary facial paralysis; and thrombocytopenia, which is a low level of blood platelets, officials reported Friday. The data is being collected through five of the networks the government is using to monitor people who were inoculated against the swine flu. Read the rest.

1 comment: