All blog posts are cross posted

Monday, April 12, 2010

Have you heard about Polifact?

I got a link to this in the Howard Kurtz column in the Washington Post.  When I saw they actually had Polifacts Texas of course I checked it out.  I do not know how "factual" and accurate the fact checkers are, but I think it is something we should check out.
This is their statement:
PolitiFact Texas is a partnership of the Austin American-Statesman and PolitiFact.com, a Pulitzer Prize-winning Web site of the St. Petersburg Times, to help you find the truth in politics.
Every day, reporters and researchers from the American-Statesman examine statements by Texas elected officials and candidates and anyone else who speaks up on matters of public importance. We research their statements and then rate the accuracy on our Truth-O-Meter – True, Mostly True, Half True, Barely True and False. The most ridiculous falsehoods get our lowest rating, Pants on Fire.
More about the Texas Truth-O-Meter
Take a look, see what you think.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I've bookmarked it so I can go back. Don't know what I think about it yet.

    ReplyDelete