All blog posts are cross posted

Friday, July 2, 2010

Lindsey Graham, say what???

I swear,(in the old time sense of the word meaning as my grandma would have said, I Swan)  every  time Lindsey Graham says anything I just shake my head in wonderment.
He really, really, really doesn't get it.  The Washington Post has this article (Media Notes) by Howard Kurtz:
Lindsey Graham Spits out Tea Party
.......
"In a previous conversation, Graham told me: 'The problem with the Tea Party, I think it's just unsustainable because they can never come up with a coherent vision for governing the country. It will die out.' Now he said, in a tone of casual lament: 'We don't have a lot of Reagan-type leaders in our party. Remember Ronald Reagan Democrats? I want a Republican that can attract Democrats.' Chortling, he added, 'Ronald Reagan would have a hard time getting elected as a Republican today.' "
Yow. He's saying the tea party has no answers, and that his party has moved so far to the right that Reagan would be seen as a squishy moderate.
Graham didn't duck when asked why the Original Maverick, John McCain, wasn't with him on his compromise efforts: "John's got a primary. He's got to focus on getting re-elected. I don't want my friend to get beat."
It is all just ridiculous. Read the whole thing to see what all is said.  Graham tries so hard to be one of the guys in Washington it makes you think he has no friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment