All blog posts are cross posted

Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Heart Warming gift to America, you and me

This is in Houston and the story is in the Houston Chronicle.
A 'birthday gift' to America
New York artist's hot idea mixes paint and patriotism
by Amanda Casanova
Scott LoBaido eyed the weather Friday, pointing to the rainfall with hands dotted in dried white paint. The New York City artist bounced anxiously inside Lamons Gasket Co. near Hobby Airport.
 
"Ask me how I'm feeling," he said, referring to the weather that has stalled his plans to paint the largest American flag on the company's roof.

"Three days of rain," he said. "I'm like a bird with clipped wings. This weather is not letting up, but it's OK. It's hustle time, and I like the challenge."

LoBaido said he hopes the weather will let him finish the 150,000-square-foot painting of a waving flag by Independence Day.

"Most people just put a flag in their yard," he said, laughing.

"I want people to fall back in love with America," the artist said. "I just saw our nation start to become divided and knew I had to do something."
 
photo
Here is his finished product. Thank you, Scott LoBaido.

No comments:

Post a Comment