All blog posts are cross posted

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Not my fault, I didn't do it, ... and even if I did, it's not MY fault

Jonah Goldberg  in National Review Online
Dems think none of their problems are their fault.
Remember that great scene from the Oscar-robbed classic The Blues Brothers? Jake and Elwood (John Belushi and Dan Akroyd) are finally cornered by Jake’s former fiancée (Carrie Fisher). Jake left her at the altar with 300 guests and the best Romanian caterers in the state waiting.
“You betrayed me!” she exclaims.
“No I didn’t. Honest,” Jake explains. “I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn’t have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn’t come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN’T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!”
This is pretty much how Democrats sound these days. None of their problems are their fault. ....
......Why is this happening? If you listen to the White House and its defenders in the press, the answer is simple: It’s everyone else’s fault.
Read the rest, you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment