All blog posts are cross posted

Friday, August 21, 2009

Check Out the Map in this Article

From Real Clear Politics:
Amateur Hour at the White House
by Jay Cost

I just about fell out of my chair yesterday when I read this in the Washington Post.
President Obama's advisers acknowledged Tuesday that they were unprepared for the intraparty rift that occurred over the fate of a proposed public health insurance program, a firestorm that has left the White House searching for a way
to reclaim the initiative on the president's top legislative priority.

This confirms a suspicion I have had for some time, and made clear
a few weeks ago: Democratic leaders in the White House and on Capitol Hill have only recently begun to take seriously the internal divisions within their own party.

Frankly, I am stunned that they would be caught off guard by this.
How could they not have anticipated this? How could they possibly have been surprised that the left and right flanks of the party would not see eye to eye?

To explain my utter, complete astonishment at this bone-headed mistake, I need a visual aid. The following is courtesy of Google Maps. It marks the district offices of four types of congressmen:

Click here to see the map and read ALL of the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment