All blog posts are cross posted

Monday, May 10, 2010

Wise words from Raquel Welch - yes!

Apparently she wrote this on Cnn's site but I got it from the blog Sister Soljah.
During my [first] pregnancy, I came to realize that this process was not about me. I was just a spectator to the metamorphosis that was happening inside my womb so that another life could be born. It came down to an act of self-sacrifice, especially for me, as a woman. But both of us [first husband Jim Welch] were fully involved, not just for that moment, but for the rest of our lives. And it’s scary. You may think you can skirt around the issue and dodge the decision, but I’ve never known anyone who could. Jim and I had two beautiful children who’ve been an ongoing blessing to both of us.
Read it all, it is truly a word of wisdom on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment