White House Briefed On Flight 253 Bomb Technology Two Months Prior
Drip, Drip, Drip. As more information is known, the depth of the Obama Administration’s failures continue to deepen and shock. Not only did:
* the NSA pick up chatter in August about al Qaeda planning attacks on the US with a “Nigerian” - possibly going by the name Umar Farouk,
* the NSA pick up Nigerian Umar Farouk Adbulmutallab this fall communicating with radical Yemen cleric and al Qaeda recruite al-Aulaqi sometime this fall,
* the the UK revoke Abdulmutallab’s student visa earlier this year (and in all likelihood notified the US),
* Abdulmutallab’s father alert the US State Department and CIA of his sons radicalization while in Yemen in November,
* Yemen know Umar Faroul Abdulmutallab was in Yemen from August to early December,
* a Somali man get stopped by Somali airport security attempting to use the same sophisticated stealth bomb in November as Abdulmutallab used,
* the President get a briefing on December 22nd about some kind of holiday attack.
It turns out the White House was also briefed in October regarding this exact same explosive device – and its ability to make it pass airport screening systems:
White House counterterrorism adviser John Brennan was briefed in October on an assassination attempt by Al Qaeda that investigators now believe used the same underwear bombing technique as the Nigerian suspect who tried to blow up Northwest Airlines Flight 253 on Christmas Day, U.S. intelligence and administration officials tell NEWSWEEK.Go read the rest of this.